The people working at One Shoe have a strong preference for open source systems and especially for Drupal. Since the launch of our agency in 2006 we have grown to one of the open source specialists of the Netherlands. Because we have been working with Drupal for more than 9 (!) years this march, it is time to look back on our efforts for the Drupal community. And.. we'll keep on going!
• One Shoe wants to reciprocate and contribute to the Drupal community and is therefore a Drupal Featured Provider in the Netherlands on Drupal.org.
• We are also co-founder of the DrupalJam, the largest Dutch Drupal community event with 300+ participants.
• We successfully argued for the introduction of Drupal as a CMS standard for students and for using Joomla and .NET courses at the largest IT and media studies in the Netherlands: Digital Communication.
• We launched the Drupal User Group Netherlands on Meetup where now 200+ members are connected.
• And we started the Drupal Developer group on Linkedin (2000+ members)
• We are business partner of SDN - Drupal Netherlands Foundation, a foundation that supports the Drupal community in Netherlands
• We organize and sponsor the monthly (free) Drupalcafé tech talks in Utrecht where we share knowledge about Drupal and Drupal related topics.
And we also were:
• Gold Sponsor different Drupal Jams
• Silver sponsor DrupalCon Munich
• Organizer Drupal 7 UX code sprint in 2009 at our office in Utrecht
• Organizer Drupal 7 release party
• Organizer Dutch Drupal meetup in New Years 2012
• Gold sponsor of DrupalCon Amsterdam 2014
• Organizer Drupal CXO event Utrecht 2014
• Organizer Drupal CXO dinner DrupalCon Amsterdam 2014
• Organizer Drupal New Years Party 2015
Examples of Drupal 8 core and community contributions One Shoe
We not only contribute to (major) Drupal events but also to code and support:
• Contributed to the deployment module SnapIt
• Contributed Form module dependencies
• Contributed menu items Export module
• Helped improve Entity reference autocomplete widget
• and much more ...
Of course it does not stop here. The coming years we bear the responsibility to actively contribute to the Drupal Community. Want to learn more or collaborate? Please send us an email.